Designation: Q.A. In-charge
Department: Quality Assurance
Position Reports to: Head Operations /Director
Positions Reporting to Q.A. In-charge: Q.A. Assistant
Basic job description:
Lead and manage the QA team and expertise to the overall Quality Management System, policies and standards to support proper and smooth execution of all Quality related activities in meeting the specified standards and requirements.
Education: B. E / B. Tech. / Diploma in Mechanical
Experience: 8 to 10 years
Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare/improve quality plans, SOP for incoming parts/material, In process components, assembly and pre despatch inspection including trials.
- Specifying quality requirements of machine parts/components with suppliers, component/parts inspection/ testing and other related testing and ensure testing is in compliance to internationally accepted guidelines.
- To implement preventive measure and corrective action for non-conforming products.
- To ensure that manufacturing processes comply with standards designed internally in accordance with national level standards & Industry best practices.
- To work with operating staff to establish procedures, standards & systems.
- Implementation, documentation & monitoring of development & application of ISO 9001:2015/ ISO: 9002/ 5S/ TQM/ QMS/ SPC
- To Review, comment and approve the supplier/ Vendor Quality Control Plans.
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Assessing customer requirements, setting customer service standards and ensuring that these are met.
- To Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality.
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Evaluate current production processes and recommend improvements w.r.t. Quality
- Assist in new product development and enhancements.
- Recording, analysing and distributing statistical information w.r.t.Quality.
- Ensure that finished products meet quality standards and customer specifications.
- Resolve Quality issues and escalate unresolved issues to management promptly.
- Report the Quality Performance Parameters regularly and accurately, together with other matters of importance, to the Head Operations/Director in prescribed MIS format.
- To assist Top management in various areas as per requirement.
- Sound knowledge and experience in ISO Quality Management System & TQM.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience in External & Internal Quality Audit Programme.
- The ability to identify and intervene in problem areas, well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Experience in Automotive products & engineering industry is must.
- Strong knowledge of calibration and ability to read engineering drawings.
- Must have knowledge of Limits, Fits & tolerances.
- Must have very good knowledge of machining processes and assembly operations.
- Possess very good verbal & written communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent learning abilities.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Excellency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & power point) & understanding of Engineering drawings.